Original Recipe HERE
A side dish that's flavorful and guaranteed to be do-able any night of the week. I always have these ingredients on hand.
I used red wine vinegar instead of cider. The mustard was a little strong...the flavor was fine for me, but possibly a little too bold for kids. I'd reduce it slightly next time.
I upped the bean amount to three cans, and it meant enough leftovers for a good-sized lunch portion the next day. But otherwise, it was gobbled up by the five of us (*A* was too busy singing "Moana" songs to focus on eating).
3 cans (15 oz each) navy beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced & chopped
4 cups fresh spinach leaves
2 & 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 & 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
(1) Take handfuls of spinach and slice the leaves into thin strips.
(2) Rinse onion pieces; drain.
(3) In large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, spices, and salt.
(4) Toss beans, spinach, and onion with dressing.
* Whisk dressing
* Stir salad ingredients together