Original Recipe HERE
My kids thought these were fantastic. I thought they tasted fine, but I labeled them "fantastic" because of the sheer ease and relative healthiness involved. A reliable side dish for the future.
The sweetness of the carrots came out nicely, and the butter flavor was strong but still pleasant. I would experiment with additional seasonings, like garlic powder or paprika or brown sugar, just to have options.
1 & 1/2 pounds carrots [I used 6]
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
(1) Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
(2) Peel carrots. Slice into 1/4" coins.
(3) Toss carrots with butter, salt, and pepper.
(4) Spread carrots in an even layer on the baking sheet. Cover entire pan tightly with aluminum foil.
(5) Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil.
(6) Roast an additional 30 minutes or until carrots are lightly browned. Stir several times during cooking.
Kid Participation: Only stirring and spreading the carrot mixture.