Original Recipe HERE
I love gnocchi. It's a break from regular pasta, and it fills me up more. And since the first few times I ever ate it were in restaurants, I (wrongly?) associate it with being a classy meal.
I had a problem with the gnocchi sticking to the pan when browning it. I didn't want to add more butter, grease, or bacon, so a little bit of broth was added and helped.
2 packages (16 oz each) vacuum-packed gnocchi
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons bacon grease [can substitute butter]
1/2 to 1 cup pine nuts
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 package (10 oz) fresh spinach, torn
1/4 cup broth [more or less, if needed]
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan [or to taste]
(1) Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
(2) In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and bacon grease.
(3) Add pine nuts to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until butter and nuts are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
(4) Add garlic to pan. Cook 1 minute.
(5) Add gnocchi and spinach to pan. Cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Add splashes of broth to prevent sticking, if needed.
(6) Turn off heat. Stir in salt and pepper.
(7) Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.
Kid Participation: None.