Original Recipe HERE
This is one of those throw-together recipes that surprised me. I just needed to make something for dinner and grabbed random cans out of the pantry after being inspired by this. Everyone thought it was great. I wasn't as sold as the rest of them, but that could be because the evil olives were lurking throughout.
The seasonings are purely to-taste...any amounts or substitutions are possible. Next time I'll probably go even easier and just do a few shakes of the McCormick Southwestern blend.
12 oz. pasta
1/2 cup mayonnaise [I used light]
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained [I used pinto]
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (4 oz) sliced black olives, drained & rinsed
2 cups frozen corn
grated parmesan [optional]
(1) Begin cooking pasta according to directions.
(2) In a large serving bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and spices.
(3) Add beans, tomatoes, and olives to bowl; mix well.
(4) With a few minutes left on pasta's cooking time, add corn to boiling water.
(5) Drain pasta and corn; mix with beans and tomatoes.
(6) Serve warm or refrigerate two hours. Garnish with parmesan if desired.
* Measure spices
* Whisk mayonnaise
* Stir all ingredients together