Original Recipe HERE
These are standard, no-frills waffles. A good recipe for when you want the waffle to just be an accompaniment to elaborate toppings. Sadly, this night we only had maple syrup...but that classic combo was still a satisfying meal.
I didn't have pastry flour like the original recipe called for, so I used white all-purpose. They weren't the light, crispy waffles that the pastry flour would've given me, but they were perfectly fine anyway.
I got 11 approximately 4" waffles from this recipe. Next time I'll double it to have breakfast pre-made for the next day.
2 large eggs
1 & 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted & cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almond flour [optional; I used]
(1) Preheat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
(2) In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla.
(3) In a separate bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and almond flour.
(4) Combine dry ingredients into wet until just mixed.
(5) Ladle batter onto iron; cook according to iron's directions.
* Measure wet ingredients
* Whisk wet ingredients
* Measure dry ingredients
* Sift dry ingredients
* Combine all ingredients