Roasted Parmesan Broccoli

Original Recipe HERE
I can count on my kids eating broccoli 90% of the time if I serve it steamed or roasted (the other 10% accounts for bad moods, stomach aches [real or imagined], and just general unpredictability).  So I figured that this would be eaten by 66% percent of them.  But they all wolfed down their portions and asked for more...and more...and more, until we ran out.  I thought it was great, too, and was disappointed to sacrifice any chance at a second helping for the greater good of my kids' health.  This will be a go-to standard.
1 lb fresh broccoli florets
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
1/3 cup panko
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
salt & pepper
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, combine olive oil and garlic.  Allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, chop broccoli into bite-size pieces.
4) Toss broccoli with olive oil and garlic; coat well.
5) Season broccoli with salt and pepper.
6) Toss broccoli with Parmesan and panko until evenly coated.
7) Spread broccoli evenly on baking sheet.  Bake 20 minutes or until broccoli is browned.
Kid Participation: Eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment