Original Recipe: Better Homes & Gardens Simple Slow Cooker Recipes
There wasn't anything spectacular about this meal: it was certainly perfectly "fine" and will surely be made again because I always have the ingredients on hand. Everyone seemed to like it, although rolled tortillas stuffed with filling usually don't mix well with little kids. Next time I'll probably serve it with Tostitos and let them dig in, scooping style. Also, I think it needed a little more flavor, which is easily fixable with some garlic, smoked paprika, green chilis, cayenne, cumin (if you like that sort of thing, and I don't, so I avoid using it whenever possible), etc.
3 cans (15 oz each) black beans and/or red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained [I used petite cut]
1-1/2 cups salsa
1 cup corn [I used frozen]
1/2 large jalapeno, seeded & finely chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 8- or 10-inch flour tortillas
* Optional Toppings:
shredded Mexican cheese blend
green onions, sliced
(1) In 3.5-, 4-, or 5.5-quart slow cooker, combine beans, tomatoes, salsa, corn, jalapeno, chili powder, and garlic.
(2) Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
(3) To serve, spoon bean mixture onto tortillas. Top with desired toppings. Roll.
* dump all ingredients into slow cooker
* activate slow cooker
* make a massacre of the meal and earn yourself a bath