Original Recipe HERE
* This is one of the menu items Husband researched, planned, shopped for, and executed for Easter 2013. It was the best meal he's ever made. *
1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
15 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
(1) Prepare an ice-water bath by filling a large bowl with ice and water.
(2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
(3) Drain well in a colander, then set the colander with beans in the ice-water bath, making sure the beans are submerged. Drain the beans, shaking off the excess water.
(4) In the same pot, heat the oil over low heat. Add beans, garlic, tomatoes, olives and basil, and toss to combine.
(5) Drizzle vinegar over beans and toss to coat. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot, warm, or cold.