Original Recipe HERE
* This is one of the menu items Husband researched, planned, shopped for, and executed for Easter 2013. It was the best meal he's ever made. *
2 pounds red new potatoes, quartered
2 cloves garlic, smashed
5 to 6 strips bacon
1/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature [he used half-n-half]
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
(1) Add potatoes and garlic to a medium pot. Fill with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by an inch. Season with salt; bring water to a boil.
(2) Reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
(3) Meanwhile, fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel to drain. Roughly chop; reserve.
(4) Drain potatoes and garlic. Place back in the pot with cheese, cream, butter, and chopped bacon.
(5) Roughly mash, adding more cream if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.