5.29.2012

Peanut Butter & Cream Cheese Fruit Dip

Original Recipe HERE

This is based on the recipe linked to above, but I have a similar recipe bookmarked that is peanut butter-based.  I added the yogurt and peanut butter of that one to this guy, and this is the end result.  It's a good fruit dip because the cream cheese and peanut butter ensure it won't be too sweet (unlike popular ones that involve Cool Whip or marshmallow fluff).  I thought it was a success, and my kids ate all of theirs and asked for more.

We dipped apple slices and grapes in it and would've used bananas next.  Also, I served carrots and broccoli with a separate dip alongside this, and my kids both dipped their vegetables in this one instead.  Whatever...as long as they're eating the green stuff, I don't care about the unorthodox fashion.  I think this would be good with graham crackers and Nilla wafers, in which case I might throw in some mini chocolate chips to make it more of a dessert dish.

Ingredients
1 package (8 oz) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup plain or French vanilla yogurt
3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Fruit for serving

Directions
(1) Cream together cream cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
(2) Add brown sugar and cinnamon.  Whisk or stir until sugar is dissolved. 

Kid Participation: Combine all ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment