5.29.2012

Creamy Dill Dip

Original Recipe HERE

This is a handy recipe to have because, while I always have all of these particular ingredients on hand, it's extremely forgiving and can be tweaked to suit preferences.  One could use different seasoned salt or fresh onion and dill.  I wonder if it could be warmed in the microwave and served as a hot dip - maybe with a little shredded mozzarella added to make it more melty?

We ate it with baby carrots and raw broccoli.  Husband and I both thought it was good, but my kids started out enthusiastic and then lost steam.  Neither finished their portion.  My guess is the dill flavor was too strong; next time I will ease up on it.

Ingredients
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned salt [I used Jane's Krazy]
1/2 Tablespoon dried minced onion
1/2 Tablespoon parsley flakes
1/2 Tablespoon dill weed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan [optional]

Directions
(1) Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
(2) Whisk in seasonings until thoroughly mixed.
(3) Work any lumps out of Parmesan.  Whisk into dip.
(4) Store in refrigerator until ready to use (ideally several hours).

Kid Participation:
* Whisk ingredients
* Try it, tell me you like it, and then don't eat it when it's served to you

No comments:

Post a Comment