2.24.2014

PB&J Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Original Recipe HERE
 
Are these true cookies?  I'd argue that they're not.  However, they are super easy to make, pretty healthy, and can be passed off as treats to your kids.  A great treat to make on snow days or neverending weekends or times that you think the siblings are going to rip each other to shreds if you don't distract and/or separate them.
 
I accidentally doubled the oats, so I threw in another banana and extra peanut butter.  My proportions weren't exactly what the recipe called for, but they still turned out fine.  I think it would be tough to mess these up.  I got about 25 cookies from that batch, so following the original measurements would yield less than that.
 
Ingredients
2 medium, ripe bananas
1 cup uncooked oats
2 Tablespoons peanut butter [I used creamy]
jelly
 
Directions
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
(2) Mash bananas thoroughly.
(3) Add peanut butter to bananas; stir until well combined.
(4) Add oats; stir until well combined.
(5) Place tablespoon-sized portions of dough onto baking sheet (I used a mini ice cream scoop).  They barely spread, so spacing isn't important.
(6) Make a hollow or indent in the top of each cookie.
(7) Bake 15 minutes, or until golden.
(8) Remove cookies to cooling rack.  Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of jelly onto each.
 
Kid Participation: Just about everything except operating the oven.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment