Original Recipe in Taste of Home magazine (I think)
This was an easy side dish that could be mostly prepared ahead of time, just needing to add the topping to the pre-sauced beans. Everyone except *J* ate at least two portions, and though I'd doubled the original recipe, the entire batch was gone by the end of dinner.
I could taste the vinegar in the final product, so I decreased the amount slightly below. Also, the bread crumbs didn't toast much and were slightly mushy - maybe panko would hold up better.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoon dried minced onion
2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
2 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs or panko
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 teaspoons butter, melted
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium casserole dish.
(2) In medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Allow to sit so the garlic can infuse the oil.
(3) Add beans; toss to coat.
(4) Transfer beans to casserole dish.
(5) Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle over beans.
(6) Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes (it took 15 for me) or until heated through.
Kid Participation: None.