10.09.2012

Roasted & Seasoned Carrots

Original Recipe HERE
 
All three kids gobbled these up and asked for more.  Personally, I didn't think they were anything special and finished my portion simply because I'm supposed to eat my vegetables.  I like how roasting carrots brings out some sweetness, but I probably wouldn't have saved this except that it may be a "oh no, what else can I make for dinner??" staple.  I'll experiment with various seasonings in the future to see if I can hit upon a version that all of us love.
 
Ingredients
2 cups carrot slices [or baby carrots cut in half]
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika [I used smoked]
 
Directions
(1) Preheat oven to 375.
(2) Toss all ingredients together until each carrot piece is well-coated.
(3) Spread on a baking sheet.  Roast 15-30 minutes or until desired softness is reached, stirring several times throughout cooking.
 
Kid Participation:
* Mix ingredients
* Surprise me by devouring them
 

No comments:

Post a Comment