Original Recipe HERE
Not surprisingly, I couldn't fool the kids into thinking that these were "real" fries and they detected the eggplant element and only ate a few. However, Husband and I liked them. Which is good, since it made two full pans of sticks. I made the recommended marinara dipping sauce, and the kids enjoyed that part, at least.
1 10-oz eggplant
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 large egg white
olive oil spray
(1) Preheat oven to 450°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
(2) Cut ends off the eggplant. Slice eggplant in half, then into 1/4" thick slices. Cut each slice into 1/4" strips.
(3) Place eggplant strips in a bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
(4) Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Put egg whites in another.
(5) Dip a few strips of eggplant at a time into the egg whites, then into the breadcrumbs. Using a fork, remove eggplant from crumbs and place on the baking sheets.
(6) Spray with more oil and bake 10 minutes in the middle rack.
(7) Turn over and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.
Kid Participation: None, including consuming them.