Original Recipe HERE
A basic muffin recipe that's tasty and worth making...that's all. But make sure you don't take the name for granted and think that because they're made with whole wheat, you can eat twice as many as you'd normally do (which may or may not already be a number to be ashamed of).
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
2) Put egg, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and bananas into mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix with hand mixer or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
3) Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4) Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter.
5) Bake 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6) Let cool several minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Notes: Since this recipe doesn't use much sugar or oil (in comparison to some other baked goods), I'll substitute honey and applesauce, respectively, next time to see how they turn out.
* Mash bananas
* Mix dry ingredients together
* Mix all batter ingredients together