5.22.2010

Slowcooked Chicken BBQ Sandwiches

Original Recipe HERE

Nothing overly remarkable about this recipe, other than it produces a tasty and easy dish.  I prefer my barbecue on the sweeter side - I can't remember what region that's from, but if I leave the Food Network on long enough, a show on barbecue is sure to come on (and make me hungry).  This fits the bill.  I toasted some sub rolls, melted some sliced American cheese on them, and then piled on the chicken.  Some chopped red onion was sprinkled on top, and I was a happy eater.

Ingredients
2 to 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - frozen or thawed [I used 2 thawed; approximately 1 pound]
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vingear [I used cider]

Directions
1) Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
2) Mix ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a bowl and pour over chicken.
3) Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.
4) Remove chicken from crockpot, and shred with fork. Return to crockpot to keep warm.  Serve on a bun.
 
Notes: I cooked them for 3.5 hours but got home well after the timer had gone off.  The chicken and sauce weren't burned at all, but next time I'll set it for 3 hours if I'm using thawed again.
 
Kid Participation:
* Mix sauce ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment