Original Recipe in some magazine that has a field editor named Barbara McCalley
Not much to say about this one, other than it was any easy weeknight meal to throw together. The kids liked it, probably due to the sweet factor. I used some random jar of local apricot jelly and served it over brown rice. There lemon flavor was a bit too strong for my taste; next time I'll do one tablespoon.
1 pound cooked kielbasa or sausage [I used chicken sausage]
1 jar (12 oz) apricot preserves
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
(1) Cut sausage in half length-wise, then into 1/4" slices.
(2) In a small bowl, combine preserves, lemon juice, mustard, and ginger. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
(3) In a large skillet, brown the sausage (use a little olive oil if necessary). Remove sausage; set aside.
(4) Add sauce mixture to skillet. Cook over low heat, 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir occasionally.
(5) Return sausage to pan; cook several additional minutes until heated through.
* Whisk together sauce ingredients