9.12.2012

Roasted Peaches with Yogurt Sauce

Original Recipe HERE
 
My mom brought several peaches to us during her last visit.  I can always use fresh fruit to make meals for *P*, but I figured we all should enjoy the bounty this time.  I was going to serve these post-dinner one night, but my meal planning skills failed me and I was left without enough food to serve.  I decided that these weren't too dessert-y and made them as part of the main meal.  They were a hit, and in the future I think they'll be a good way to get some fresh fruit and protein and calcium into my kids.
 
Also, the yogurt sauce can stand on its own as a great fruit dip.  Hence why this recipe has the labels "dip" and "appetizer" applied. 
 
Ingredients
4 peaches, ripe but firm
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt [or whatever type you have]
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon [or to taste]
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon honey [or agave syrup]
 
Directions
(1) Preheat oven to 450 F.  Line a baking sheet or casserole dish with foil.
(2) Wash peaches.  Cut in half; remove pits.  Place cut-side up in pan.
(3) Mix together cinnamon and sugar.
(4) Brush butter on peach halves.  Sprinkle each with pinches of cinnamon-sugar mixture.
(5) Cook peaches about 10 minutes, or until they are softened and easily cut.
(6) Meanwhile, mix together yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey.
(7) Serve peach halves in individual bowls.  Pour several spoonfuls of yogurt sauce over each.
 
Kid Participation:
* Brush butter
* Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture
* Whisk yogurt sauce ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment